Written by Administrator
Sunday, 20 April 2008 13:59
Our rating: License: Free
ArcGIS Explorer delivers an easy-to-use way to view and share information geographically. Download ArcGIS Explorer and start using it to unlock the power of geography and geographic information. ArcGIS Explorer is free and freely distributable, making it a great way to share your maps with others.
Once you have downloaded ArcGIS Explorer, you can start using a variety of maps and layers. These maps and layers are provided by ESRI free of charge and include imagery, topographic maps, physical features, shaded relief, historical maps, street maps, and more. Layers can be combined with local data or with other services to create your own custom maps, which can be easily shared within your organization and beyond.
With ArcGIS Explorer, you can
- Explore data for the entire world seamlessly.
- Fuse your local data with data and services from ArcGIS Server, ArcIMS, Open Geospatial Consortium WMS, and ESRI-hosted ArcWeb Services.
- Perform GIS analysis using tasks (e.g., visibility, modeling, proximity search).
- Answer geographic questions about the maps you generate and share the results with others.
- Use maps and data from your own secure servers.